Athletic Opportunities at EMS
- All eligible students are invited to try out for any sport by contacting the coach of the sport or the athletic director. Students may participate in only one sport at a time.
- All students who wish to participate in athletics must complete an Athletic Packet. Physicals are required prior to tryouts for any sport. The forms are available in the front office and posted on the school website. A sports physical can be performed by your family physician.
- Only one Athletic Packet is required per school year. Physicals performed in the spring of 2021 are valid until the end of the 2021-22 school year.
- No student will be allowed to try out, practice, or play without a completed Physical Form and proof of medical insurance. No Exceptions!
- Students must pass five classes the semester preceding participation in competitive sports in order to be eligible to participate in the sport.
- Any student who quits a sports team or is dismissed once the season begins for discipline reasons cannot participate in any other sport for the remainder of that semester.
Watch the 2021 Tennis & Basketball Virtual Pep Rally HERE!
Watch the 2021 Fall Football, Softball, & Cross Country Virtual Pep Rally HERE!
Watch the 2022 Spring Baseball, Soccer, and Track Virtual Pep Rally HERE!
The GHSA Sportsmanship Resolution will be followed at all EMS athletic events. Find out more about this resolution here.